Wouldn’t it be great if there was a quick way to escalate customer issues from your community directly to Zendesk?! Well...drumroll please...the wait is over! Zendesk integration with your inSided community has been one of the most sought-after requests from our customers and we are proud to announce its launch.
Why’s this so special?
Let’s face it, while our communities are a great problem solving resource, they are not always the fount of ALL knowledge and it can happen that community members post issues that can’t be solved by the community. This could be a bug with one of your products, or an issue that’s unique to their account. In this case, one of the best routes to a solution is to pass the customer’s issue on to your support team. Using our Zendesk escalation integration, your moderation team can quickly and easily escalate any question, conversation, or reply to a Zendesk Support ticket. Here are the key benefits of this integration:
- Save yourself time and resources by speedily passing on difficult questions from your community to Zendesk
- Eliminate the frustration of switching between different platforms
- Simple installation process to ensure you are up and running as soon as possible
So how does it work?
In this guide we cover both how inSided customers can set up the integration, and how to actually put it into practice.
How To Install the Zendesk Support Integration
Please make sure that:
- [inSided Control] you must be logged in as a community manager or administrator to connect a Zendesk Support account with the inSided platform
- [Zendesk Support] You must be logged in as an administrator in order to generate an API token
- Generate an API token in the Zendesk Admin interface
- Go to Control > General Settings > Integrations
- Enter your Zendesk API token, your Zendesk Support subdomain, and the email of one of your Zendesk agents/administrators and hit ‘Install’
- The integration is now set up
How To Escalate a Community Post To Zendesk
Please make sure that:
- You’ve connected a Zendesk Support account to inSided
- You’re logged in as a moderator, community manager, or administrator
- Navigate to the post you want to escalate to Zendesk in Control
- Press ‘Create Zendesk ticket’
- Edit the ‘Subject’ and ‘Public Reply’ if needed
- Press ‘Create’
- After you create the ticket, you’ll see the message: ‘Zendesk ticket has been created’ - this will remain attached to the post in Control
- When you click on the ‘Zendesk ticket’ link, you’ll see the ticket on your Zendesk Support instance, so that you can follow it up and check in on its status
Some top tips and things to note:
🎯 A link to the original topic on the frontend, where any user can view it, is automatically appended to the Public Reply for your Zendesk agents.
⚠️ Whether the ‘Requester’ (the author of the post you’re escalating) receives a notification about the creation of a Zendesk Support ticket, including the ‘Public Reply’, is dependent on your Zendesk Support settings (see Zendesk’s knowledge base for detailed instructions on setting up triggers).
⚠️ It’s better to carry out moderation tasks before escalating a post, rather than after. Converting the content type (question, conversation) of an escalated topic, promoting an escalated reply to a new topic, and moving an escalated reply to another topic will all delete the escalation.
💎It’s not possible to escalate a single post to Zendesk more than once. It is possible to escalate multiple replies from the same topic.
🎯 You can use tags to set up a custom view on Zendesk. So when moderators escalate posts they will contain this tag: `community_escalation`, which allows you to create triggers or custom flows based on this.
So there you have it—your complete guide to integrating Zendesk escalation with your inSided community. We believe in making the customer service process as efficient as possible. Delivering answers to users in your community should be at the heart of all community management and our integration with Zendesk makes that process even more effective. We hope you think so too!